none
The 'IBMDADB2' provider is not registered on the local machine. RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Experts,

Need you help on this

I am trying to migrate an application from Windows Server 2003 (32 Bit), IIS 6 to Windows Server 2008 R2 (64 Bit), IIS 7.

But i am getting The 'IBMDADB2' provider is not registered on the local machine error when i am trying to connect to DB2 via application. However i am able to connect to DB2 directly via DB2CMD.

"Provider=IBMDADB2; User ID=xxx; Password=yyyy; Data Source=zzzz; hostname=aaaa;"

Request your help on the same.

Thanks in Advance.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 9:23 AM

Answers

• When running under 64-bit Windows your app may be running in an app pool that is 64-bit. Unless you have a 64-bit IBMDADB2 provider installed I would change the Enable 32-bit Applications option for the Application Pool to True.

Paul ~~~~ Microsoft MVP (Visual Basic)

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:03 PM

All replies

• Hello,

The following should give some insight but not a answer

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21219288

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 2:47 PM
  • When running under 64-bit Windows your app may be running in an app pool that is 64-bit. Unless you have a 64-bit IBMDADB2 provider installed I would change the Enable 32-bit Applications option for the Application Pool to True.

Thursday, July 10, 2014 5:03 PM
  • Yes. It works well
    Wednesday, January 13, 2016 4:06 AM
  • Yes. It works well
    What worked well?
    Friday, October 16, 2020 6:22 PM

Could you give us a path for this Enable 32-bit Applications? I'm new using the IIS server and it is quite difficult to figure out where this config might be. 

Thank you so much.
    Friday, October 16, 2020 6:23 PM