none
Your organization's policies don't allow you to share with these users. Go to External Sharing in the Office 365 admin center to enable it RRS feed

• Question

• All of a sudden, we are getting the message "Your organization's policies don't allow you to share with these users. Go to External Sharing in the Office 365 admin center to enable it" when adding someone outside the organization to the alerts.  The site is shared, I know this because everyone outside the organization are able to download files, upload files none of that has changed but try adding someone outside to the alerts email group, it halts right there.  I've included 2 screen shots of my dilemma, anyone have an answer I'd be much obliged. 

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:27 PM

All replies

• Hi Szewczyk,

We can only send SharePoint Alerts to the users that already exist in the tenant including external users. As a result you can share the folder or site to the external user and require him/her to sign in the site(just follow with the steps of email). After he/she sign into the site, you can send Alerts to the external user’s account.

Note: Before you set the alerts, the users should sign into the library you have shared with them.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, December 9, 2019 3:11 AM
  • Hi  ,

I am checking your situation here.

Any progress on your troubleshooting?

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Hi ,

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Tuesday, December 17, 2019 7:59 AM