How to understand BingAds Timezone to tz database names? RRS feed

• Question

• I use BingAds API from python with native SDK. So, I use CustomerManagementService's method SearchAccounts to retrieve accounts and I get a response with TimeZone parameter, containing values like "AmsterdamBerlinBernRomeStockholmVienna" or "Arizona", i.e. values from this list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/bingads/guides/time-zones?view=bingads-12

According to wiki, Arizona has two different time zones:America/Phoenix and America/Shiprock

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Time_in_Arizona

I need to convert these values to inner timezone python objects or to strings from tz database - like "America/Phoenix". How can I do that?

Thursday, December 6, 2018 10:38 AM

Answers

• Bing Ads automatically adjusts for daylight savings. For example with ad scheduling if you want to show ads from 10am-4pm, we'll automatically make the adjustment as needed for those regions that observe DST. The campaign level time zone determine when the day has ended for a given location. For more details see campaign time zone and time zones in reporting.

I hope this helps,

Eric 

Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:36 PM

All replies

• The Bing Ads API documentation also lists the UTC offset. You can compare it with the tz UTC offset.

Does that help?

Best regards,

Eric

Thursday, December 6, 2018 1:17 PM
  • Thanks for the answer, but I still have problem with the DST (Day Saving Time) definition - it varies even for Arizona:

according to wiki, Shiprock does have it, but Phoenix does not.

Do I understand correctly, that bing ads timezones don't have DST?

Does it mean that all the by-day statistics does not consider this time shift?

Thursday, December 6, 2018 2:00 PM
  • Bing Ads automatically adjusts for daylight savings. For example with ad scheduling if you want to show ads from 10am-4pm, we'll automatically make the adjustment as needed for those regions that observe DST. The campaign level time zone determine when the day has ended for a given location. For more details see campaign time zone and time zones in reporting.

I hope this helps,

Eric 

Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:36 PM
  • Thanks a lot! This helped me.
    Thursday, December 6, 2018 5:44 PM