none
Sharing PDF Links from a file stored in Azure's Cloud?

Întrebare

• Hi,

I would like to know how somebody can share content (docs, pdf, etc.) on the internet securely and efficiently using Azure services. 

For example, I have a lot of brochures to send out to my clients but I don't want to email them out to all 1,000 of my clients.

I would just like to upload it somewhere and send a URL link to it via email or link it to a website.

I am guessing the pdf will be stored in Azure Files or Azure Storage? I'm not too sure.

Could anyone confirm if this is possible and specify the steps that I can take to accomplish this.

Thanks in advance!

5 iunie 2018 15:04

Toate mesajele

• You can use either Azure file storage or Azure blob storage to store PDF files. But you can’t share a single URL to access all files in a blob storage/file storage. Your clients can access all files in the Azure blob storage/file storage by using Azure Storage Explorers / AzCopy / Azure PowerShell/ Azure CLI / Azure Storage client libraries  (.NET, iOS, Java, Android, Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Xamarin, C++, Node.JS, PHP, Ruby, and Python) .

Refer the below article for deciding when to use Azure Blobs and Azure Files:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/common/storage-decide-blobs-files-disks?toc=%2fazure%2fstorage%2fblobs%2ftoc.json

“If this answer was helpful, click “Mark as Answer” or Up-Vote. To provide additional feedback on your forum experience, click here

5 iunie 2018 15:59
  •  

Hi <g class="gr_ gr_31 gr-alert gr_spell gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="31" id="31">Vikranth</g>,
    Thanks for your reply, that was very helpful and I am going to try it.
    I also stumbled across this Question on Microsoft's FAQ: 

"How can I provide access to a specific file by using a web browser?
    You can use shared access signatures to generate tokens that have specific permissions, and which are valid for a specified time interval. For example, you can generate a token that gives read-only access to a specific file, for a set period of time. Anyone who possesses the URL can access the file directly from any web browser while the token is valid. You can easily generate a shared access signature key from a UI like Storage Explorer."

Link: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-files-faq

Does this have anything to do with your answer?

Thanks in advance!

6 iunie 2018 15:23
  • You can only access one file at a time through a web browser with the above process.

7 iunie 2018 12:12
  • Checking in to see if the above answer helped or you have any further questions on this specific topic.

14 iunie 2018 21:12