none
Configuring AAD Authentication to Azure SQL Databases using AccessToken - EntityConnection

Întrebare

• I have found many resources over the internet on how to assign access token to the SqlConnection object of the EntityFramework.

Example:

var con = new SqlConnection(builder.ToString());
        con.AccessToken = token;

But I need to work with the EntityConnection not SqlConnection. The EntityConnection class dose not have a property called AccessToken, unlike the SqlConnection class.

So the question is how to assign AccessToken to EntityConnection object.

joi, 14 iunie 2018 14:47

Toate mesajele

• Hello,

I don't know how to make it work with EntityConnection but I will show you with SQLConnection.

You need to acquire the token as shown below:

static async Task<string> GetAccessToken()
    {    
    var certificateSDN = "morillo";    
    var tenantId = "morillo";    
    var clientId = "morillo";    
    var resource = "https://database.windows.net/";    

X509Certificate2 certificate;    
    using (var certificateStore = new X509Store(StoreName.My, StoreLocation.CurrentUser))    
    {        certificateStore.Open(OpenFlags.ReadOnly);        certificate = certificateStore.Certificates            .Find(X509FindType.FindBySubjectDistinguishedName, certificateSDN, false)            
    [0];    
    }  

var authenticationContext = new AuthenticationContext($"https://login.microsoftonline.com/{tenantId}");    
    var clientAssertionCertificate = new ClientAssertionCertificate(clientId, certificate);    
    var authenticationResult = await 
    authenticationContext.AcquireTokenAsync(resource, clientAssertionCertificate);    

return authenticationResult.AccessToken;
    }

Then you need to connect as shown below:

var connectionStringBuilder = new
    SqlConnectionStringBuilder()
    {    
    DataSource = "morillo.database.windows.net",    
    InitialCatalog = "morillo",
    };
    using (var sqlConnection = new SqlConnection(connectionStringBuilder.ConnectionString))
    {
    sqlConnection.AccessToken = accessToken;    sqlConnection.Open();
    }

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Alberto Morillo
    SQLCoffee.com

joi, 14 iunie 2018 19:48