none
Azure file sync back to server???

Întrebare

• Hi

I have recently set up Azure file sync and my local fileserver files have synced to azure all good. Mapped drive from PC to azure files I can see the files also, so all good.

My problem is changes or creations of files does not seem to sync from azure files back to my local files server.

Is Azure file sync a two way thing between onsite and Azure? Or can it be?

Thanks Neil

vineri, 6 iulie 2018 09:43

Toate mesajele

• I believe that if there are any changes to files directly in Azure files, hten it can take up to 24 hours for those changes to be synced back to on-prem

See Sync on https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/storage/files/storage-sync-files-troubleshoot

vineri, 6 iulie 2018 09:47
  • Hey drensta

Thanks for that so It will work?

vineri, 6 iulie 2018 09:49
  • If you make changes directly to the Azure file share, you need to wait for the change enumeration job to complete and any file changes detected will sync to the on-premises servers. The change enumeration job runs every 24 hours and the duration is based on the number of files in the Azure file share. We're planning to improve the frequency of the change enumeration job.

Note: If you make changes on the on-prem file servers, the changes should sync immediately once the file handle(s) are closed.

vineri, 6 iulie 2018 14:05
  • Checking in to see if the above response helped to answer your query. Let us know if there are still any additional issues we can help with.

joi, 12 iulie 2018 18:54
  • HI,

Yes I can confirm that the files do sync from Azure back to the file server over a 24 hour period. And also that the sync from on prem to azure is instant! When the frequency of the sync increases this will be a great help?

Any ide how often the sync will be increased to, will it also be instant!

Thanks

Neil

vineri, 13 iulie 2018 08:01
  • I am afraid, we do not have an ETA on this. Our engineers are actively working on it and will be available very soon. We appreciate your time and patience in this matter.

luni, 16 iulie 2018 13:24