none
SQL Database Server not available in Canadian Regions

Întrebare

• Hi there,

I need to create a SQL Database Server in either Canada East or Canada Central regions but this is currently not working for me. According to this https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/regions/services/ , the service is available in both regions however there is no option for either when creating a new server at the Azure Portal, the options available there are just:

• East US
    • South Central US
    • Southeast Asia
    • West Central US
    • West Europe
    • West US 2

Also, on Terraform the following error is returned:

"* azurerm_sql_server.db_server: Error creating SQL Server: 40856 (400) - Location 'Canada Central' is not accepting creation of new Azure SQL Database Servers of version '12.0' at this time.  This location only supports the following server versions: ''.  Please retry using a supported server version."

Is this service available in these regions or not?

Best regards,

Javier de Vega Ruiz.

7 decembrie 2016 15:40

Răspunsuri

Toate mesajele

• Hi Javier

There seems to be some issues globally at present as I have also seen many issues raised with the Australian regions and the drop down shows exactly the same list as you.

I recommend you raise a support ticket (click on the question mark at the top right of your Azure Portal screen).

Martin Cairney SQL Server MVP

• Propus ca răspuns de hhrvojeMVP 7 decembrie 2016 23:50
    • Anulare propunere ca răspuns de hhrvojeMVP 7 decembrie 2016 23:50
    7 decembrie 2016 23:40
  • Hi Javier

There seems to be some issues globally at present as I have also seen many issues raised with the Australian regions and the drop down shows exactly the same list as you.

I recommend you raise a support ticket (click on the question mark at the top right of your Azure Portal screen).

But why in the same time works ok with my account? If this is some global issue, I wouldn't see it also. 
    7 decembrie 2016 23:51
  • It's not everyone that is impacted obviously.  But as the other posters that have the issue can see and create other resources in their chosen region it doesn't seem to be subscription related.

My account also works fine but there are at least 5 posters currently in different regions with the same issue and the SAME small list of regions in the drop-down list.

I'm not saying the service has an issue for EVERYONE.

7 decembrie 2016 23:54
  • It's not everyone that is impacted obviously.  But as the other posters that have the issue can see and create other resources in their chosen region it doesn't seem to be subscription related.

My account also works fine but there are at least 5 posters currently in different regions with the same issue and the SAME small list of regions in the drop-down list.

I'm not saying the service has an issue for EVERYONE.

Sure, but then status page should show at least Warning sign for services in those regions.
    8 decembrie 2016 09:14
  • Hence the highlight that it impacts multiple users in multiple regions to make MS aware and hopefully identify that there is an issue and post something there.

8 decembrie 2016 22:42
  • MSDN subscriptions have restrictions on creating Compute and SQL resources in certain regions. The behavior you noticed was expected due to the subscription type and is not a service degradation. We are working on better communicating such region restriction information to make it clearer. We apologize for any confusion this might have caused.

16 decembrie 2016 18:41
  • I have 2 questions regarding this:

1) How is the better communication attempt going?

2) How do I know which regions are available to my MSDN subscription? Put another way, how can I tell where I can add the SQL Server? According to everything I've read, and been sent from Microsoft Support, West Europe should be available to me, but it keeps rejecting the SQL Server too. So how do I know which regions I can use?

15 mai 2018 10:52