none
Globalization by ip range in SharePoint 2010 Variation site RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Hello guys.

I have a SH2010 site using Variation and i need to set the site collection (/EN/.....or/ES/...etc) by the iplocation of the user.

For example, if the user access the site from England, the site use the /EN site collection. And if the user access from Spain, for example, the site will open in Spanish....

I try to use the CultureInfo to do this job, but without success, so I think the iprange is the best way to do that...right?

Thanks a lot.

Jorge Costa

sexta-feira, 27 de julho de 2012 15:07

Respostas

• Hello Jamil,

The way you describe your need of the native form can not meet the maximum that we can do is the way I described earlier.

In this situation only see a solution would be the development of an application, the material of Microsoft is no such code explaining how to accomplish this operation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spweb.aspx

I hope this helps.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012 19:41
    Moderador

Todas as Respostas

• Amigo,

este é um fórum em português.

segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012 11:40
  • Hello Jamil,

The best option in this situation would you use the language pack the product according to the need that you need.

Microsoft Reference:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc262108.aspx

After installing the language pack ask users to configure the option language of your Internet Explorer browser to your native language or use the manual change by clicking on your login name on the site change language to linguage you want to use another option would also standardize a universal language like English for example.

I hope this helps.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012 15:34
    Moderador
  • Hi Vasconcelos,

Tks a lot for the quick reply, but your solution is not what i need.

My site need to be used in the language of the user country, for example:

- a guy in Dubai, will see in Arab

- a user in Moscow, in Russian

- etc.

I've all the language pack i need installed, i just dont know how do like google does....if u are accessing google from Brazil and type www.google.ru the site will open in portuguese, because the site identifies where the user are and set the language.

Thanks again!

Jorge Costa

segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012 19:15
  • Hello Jamil,

The way you describe your need of the native form can not meet the maximum that we can do is the way I described earlier.

In this situation only see a solution would be the development of an application, the material of Microsoft is no such code explaining how to accomplish this operation.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.sharepoint.spweb.aspx

I hope this helps.

Hezequias Vasconcelos

segunda-feira, 30 de julho de 2012 19:41
    Moderador