none
502 ERROR - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server

Pergunta

• Hi,

I am having a web role, which has an iframe. The iframe source url pointing to an html file stored in a blob. To make that works, I am using IIS rewrite module and ARR module using the following url

http://robindotnet.wordpress.com/2011/07/21/how-to-install-iis-application-request-routing-in-windows-azure/

This works in my local. When I publish the same project to azure, it is not working. It says "502 - Web server received an invalid response while acting as a gateway or proxy server." "There is a problem with the page you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed. When the Web server (while acting as a gateway or proxy) contacted the upstream content server, it received an invalid response from the content server." error. Interestingly, when I run fiddler inside of the Webrole VM, everything works fine. I could also see the request url and corresponding redirection url in the fiddler.

Please let me know where is the issue. What fiddler is doing this magic.

Many Thanks, Thirumalai M

quinta-feira, 23 de maio de 2013 06:02

Respostas

• Hi,

Try to enable Proxy support in ARR. You can RDP to the instance of webrole:

• Launch IIS Manager and click the server node in the tree view.
    • Double click the “Application Request Routing Cache” icon.
    • Select the “Server Proxy Settings…” task in the Actions panel.
    • And Make sure that “Enable Proxy” checkbox is marked.

Thanks,

QinDian Tang
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Develop and promote your apps in Windows Store
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

quinta-feira, 23 de maio de 2013 08:26
    Moderador