Error: Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0 not registered on local machine when running the package from SQL Job RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Hi.

I am using Windows Server 2016. I have created a SSIS package in Visual studio which loads data from Excel and moves to SQL table ( script task functionality using c# )

The above functionality works fine when run in Visual studio.  Microsoft Visual studio 2015 shell - version 4.7

Target server version: SQL Server 2016

The excel files I have is of type xls and xlsx

I published the package from visual studio and created a custom job inside the SQL Server Agent and assigned the path of the package to the job.

On running the application from the SQL Server Agent Job, I am getting error as  - Microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0 not registered on local machine. But it works , when run from visual studio.

How to fix this?

Thanks

segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2020 15:39

Respostas

• Hi Venkatzeus,

May I know if you download the Microsoft ACE provider?

May I know if you execute the job by using 32 bit runtime?

Best Regards,

Mona

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !
    For more information, please refer to the sticky post.

terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2020 05:42

Todas as Respostas

• Hi Venkatzeus,

It is strongly recommended to start using Microsoft ACE OLEDB provider instead of the Microsoft Jet OLEDB provider.

Jet provider is at least a decade old, and it comes just as a 32-bit edition.

In essence, the Microsoft ACE OLEDB provider replaced the Jet.

There are three ACE versions available. Just pick and use one of them.

• Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable Download
      http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=13255
    • Microsoft Access 2013 Runtime (Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.15.0)
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=39358
    • Microsoft Access Database Engine 2016 Redistributable 
      https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=54920

• Sugerido como Resposta Naomi N segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2020 19:25
    • Não Sugerido como Resposta Venkatzeus terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2020 04:22
    segunda-feira, 10 de agosto de 2020 15:57
  • Hi Venkatzeus,

1.Please download Microsoft Access Database Engine 2010 Redistributable.

2.Please install the ACE provider from the CMD.exe. Please refer to the following link:

Installing the Microsoft.ACE.OLEDB.12.0 Provider for Both 64-bit and 32-bit Processing

Best Regards,

Mona

""SQL Server related"" forum will be migrated to a new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server!
    We invite you to post new questions in the "SQL Server related" forum’s new home on Microsoft Q&A SQL Server !

terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2020 01:46
  • HI.

Thanks for the reply.

When I run the application from visual studio, the same excel is processed and the data is moved to SQL table.

When I run the application from the SQL Job, then this error is shown.

In visual studio for the project properties - under debugging: Run64BitRunTime is set to false
    • Editado Venkatzeus terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2020 04:38
    terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2020 04:23
  • Hi Venkatzeus,

May I know if you download the Microsoft ACE provider?

May I know if you execute the job by using 32 bit runtime?

Best Regards,

Mona

terça-feira, 11 de agosto de 2020 05:42
  • Hi Venkatzeus,

May I know if you have anything to update?

Best Regards,

Mona

• Marcado como Resposta Venkatzeus quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2020 06:59
    • Não Marcado como Resposta Venkatzeus quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2020 06:59
    sexta-feira, 14 de agosto de 2020 08:22
  • Hi . Apologies for the delay.

The issue is reolved by -  execute the job by using 32 bit runtime  in the job properties

quinta-feira, 20 de agosto de 2020 06:59