(compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\p2symtab.c', line 2098) RRS feed

• Pergunta

• The error was like this time, I can get the .dll output of the other modules but I can't get the important one.

1. [![2> (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\p2symtab.c', line 2098)
    2. 2> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
    3. 2> Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
    4. 2> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
    5. 2>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed
    6. 3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.FaceID, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    7. 3> Ayonix.FaceID -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.FaceID.dll
    8. 4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    9. 4> Ayonix.AccessControl -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.AccessControl.dll
    10. 5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl.Repository.FlatFile, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    11. 6>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl.Presentation, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    12. 5> Ayonix.AccessControl.Repository.FlatFile -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.AccessControl.Repository.FlatFile.dll
    13. 6> Ayonix.AccessControl.Presentation -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.AccessControl.Presentation.dll
    14. 7>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl.UI.WinForms.PersonsManager, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    15. 7> Ayonix.AccessControl.UI.WinForms.PersonsManager -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\bin\release\pmanager.exe
    16. ========== Rebuild All: 6 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========][1]][1]
    quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 06:21

Todas as Respostas

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\p2symtab.c', line 2098

Could you please tell us, which version of VS are you using? I'm appreciate that if you could provide us with more details about you issue,We will provide you with better help.

As far as I'm concerned, this is a issue in the compiler, I suggest you could post the issue to the Developer Community.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 08:36
  • Hi ,  i am using  Visual Studio 2012 
    The error was like this time, I can get the .dll output of the other modules but I can't get the important one.

2>  (compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\p2symtab.c', line 2098)
    2>   To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
    2>  Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++ 
    2>   Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
    2>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed
    3>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.FaceID, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    3>  Ayonix.FaceID -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.FaceID.dll
    4>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    4>  Ayonix.AccessControl -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.AccessControl.dll
    5>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl.Repository.FlatFile, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    6>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl.Presentation, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    5>  Ayonix.AccessControl.Repository.FlatFile -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.AccessControl.Repository.FlatFile.dll
    6>  Ayonix.AccessControl.Presentation -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\dlib\release\Ayonix.AccessControl.Presentation.dll
    7>------ Rebuild All started: Project: Ayonix.AccessControl.UI.WinForms.PersonsManager, Configuration: Release x86 ------
    7>  Ayonix.AccessControl.UI.WinForms.PersonsManager -> C:\Users\Aker\Desktop\2.0\bin\release\pmanager.exe
    ========== Rebuild All: 6 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 skipped ==========
    quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 08:44
  • Hello,

as far as I found out, this looks like a compiler error. You are still using VS 2012. You should upgrade to VS 2019 and check if the error still exists. If yes, then report it in the developer community as Jeanine has already suggested.

Regards, Guido

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 11:42
  • The first part of the output is part of the internal compiler error output. You should be seeing a line similar to:

c:\path\to\source.cpp(1001): fatal error C1001: An internal error has occured in the compiler.

just before the (compiler file...) line of the output.

This basically means you managed to find a bug in the compiler and the source file and line that the C1001 message gives is what triggers it.

First of all, if Visual Studio 2012 hasn't been updated to Update 5, do it.

If Visual Studio 2012 has been updated to Update 5, or you installed Update 5 and you still see this error then you have three options available.

1) Modify the code around the file/line given in the C1001 message. Simplify it, so if you have complex statements, something like array_of_something[counter++]->member(); as an example, change it to be simpler code, like

something *s = array_of_something[counter];
    s->member();
    counter++;

This can help.

2) If you can't get things to work simplifying the code above, and you only see this when you try to build the Release (optimized) configuration, but you can build the Debug (unoptimized) configuration without problems, then you can try disabling optimizations for the function that is causing the C1001.

You can do this using pragma statements:

//disable all optimizations
    #pragma optimize ("", off)
    void function_that_causes_c1001()
    {
        //function contents
    }
    //enables optimizations
    #pragma optimize("", on)

3) Because this is a compiler bug, and a bug in a compiler version that is no longer receiving updates, then this will never be fixed. You may have to update your version of Visual Studio. This bug may have been fixed. In general, if you the compiler gives you this error then the first thing you should try is compile the same code with the latest release version of Visual Studio (currently 2019 16.6.2). If it succeeds then the bug was fixed. But this unfortunately means that you may be forced to use a different version of the compiler.

Finally, if you are confused about me talking about a compiler error because it occurs in the linker output, then don't worry. Visual C++ has a feature called Link Time Code Generation and this is enabled by default for Release configuration builds. This causes the compiler to only parse the code when it runs, and then when the linker runs, it calls the compiler to finish off and optimize the code. This is an error that is coming from the compiler.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 11:47
  • I installed most updates but still can't create my .dll product.
    quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 12:31
  • I installed most updates but still can't create my .dll product.

Show us the source code line where the error occurs. Have you tried to change the code like Darran suggested?

If this does not help, then you should upgrade your VS to the latest VS 2019.

Regards, Guido

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 13:24
  • When I started using visual studio 2019, I got the following error.

(compiler file 'f:\dd\vctools\compiler\utc\src\p2\p2symtab.c', line 2098)

link!RaiseException()+0x62
    2>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0xc0550
    2>  link!InvokeCompilerPassW()+0x60241
    2>  link!CloseTypeServerPDB()+0x6a86
    2>
    2>
    2>LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during LIB::Search

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 13:58
  • OK, to put it simply.

You are compiling code that causes the compiler to crash. In order to help you more, please provide the complete compiler error message. Right now you are missing part of it.

An example of the complete error message is:

3>d:\ace_tao\apps\gperf\src\gperf.cpp : fatal error C1001: Internal compiler error.
    3>(compiler file 'd:\agent\_work\3\s\src\vctools\Compiler\Utc\src\p2\main.c', line 181)
    3> To work around this problem, try simplifying or changing the program near the locations listed above.
    3>If possible please provide a repro here: https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com
    3>Please choose the Technical Support command on the Visual C++
    3> Help menu, or open the Technical Support help file for more information
    3>  link!RaiseException()+0x69
    3>  link!RaiseException()+0x69
    3>  link!CxxThrowException()+0x90
    3>  link!std::_Xout_of_range()+0x22
    3>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x523a4
    3>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3bc1f
    3>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x3d13f
    3>  link!InvokeCompilerPass()+0x4fb65
    3>  link!CloseTypeServerPDB()+0x10e9a6
    3>
    3>
    3>LINK : fatal error LNK1000: Internal error during IMAGE::BuildImage
    3>  C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Visual Studio\2019\Enterprise\MSBuild\Microsoft\VC\v160\Microsoft.CppCommon.targets(861,5): error MSB6006: "link.exe" exited with code -1073740791.

As you can see, the complete error message has a C1001 right at the top.

This is a signature. Any samples given are not meant to have error checking or show best practices. They are meant to just illustrate a point. I may also give inefficient code or introduce some problems to discourage copy/paste coding. This is because the major point of my posts is to aid in the learning process.

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 17:14
  • And just in case you try to post the same partial error message again. It isn't helpful.

All the message says is that a compiler crash occurred and in what file. It doesn't say what you did that caused it. Also, be aware that any advice that we can give is limited to helping you report this as a bug to Microsoft and maybe help you figure out what code is triggering the bug.

Right now this is a case of us helping you figure out a valid alternative.

quarta-feira, 17 de junho de 2020 17:20
  • Hi Darran ,

Do you think I wrote the error in the right environment?As the link below.

https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/content/problem/1083467/fatal-error-c1001-an-internal-error-has-occurred-i-53.html
    quinta-feira, 18 de junho de 2020 06:24