Dataadapter.fill hangs in the debugger RRS feed

• Pergunta

• Hello all,

I have a .NET website that I am developing using Visual Web Developer 2008. This application  has a SQL select query which gets about 20,000 records from the database. When I try to use the debugger in Visual Web Developer Express edition 2008, the code hangs forever at the dataadapter.fill method. I tried to put some filters in the SQL query to get fewer records and it works fine for 200 records. My machine configuration is below. But when I try to run the same code in the development server, then it finishes fine with 20,000 records and gets the desired results.

The wierd part is that this program used to load the data perfectly fine in debugger until last week when my laptop crashed. So I had to reimage my hard disk and reinstall all software programs. After that, I have tried a number of different alternatives but none of them are making the debugger to work. If any one has faced similar problems, please let me know and it would be of tremendous help.

Thanks a ton.

Tech details:

.NET Framework: 3.5 SP1
    Visual Web Developer edition: 2008
    Start Options (Website-->Start Options in VWD): .NET 3.5 (tried with .NET 2.0 also)

Laptop Configuration:

RAM : 1 GB
    Processor: AMD Turion (795 MHz)

Code (that hangs in debugger):

string strSql = @"SELECT * FROM BIG_TABLE";
                OracleConnection con = new OracleConnection();
                DBConnector.AutoConnectStatic(con);  ----> User defined method that gets a connection object from the pool. This line works fine
                OracleDataAdapter da;
                DataSet ds;
                DataTable dt=new DataTable();

da = new OracleDataAdapter(strSql, con);
                ds = new DataSet();
                da.Fill(ds); --------------> Code hangs here for ever. The CPU utilization also goes to 100% when the debugger reaches this line.

• Editado Techila quinta-feira, 21 de janeiro de 2010 15:50 Better Heading
    quarta-feira, 20 de janeiro de 2010 21:51

Todas as Respostas