none
mirroring thru GUI option (ssms18.1) I got the error RRS feed

• Question

• hi, 

when I was configure mirroring thru GUI option (ssms18.1) I got the errorstep(1)

Database 'tester' cannot be opened. It is in the middle of a restore. (Microsoft SQL Server, Error: 927)mirror server--restoring  mode .....no effect in principal mode--..another option ..t-sql used..

ALTER DATABASEAdventureWorks2017 SETPARTNER='TCP://POC-SQL01:7022;'

error--then getting this

ALTER DATABASE command failed due to an invalid server connection string.

pls help

so pls help  ..Ajit

Wednesday, August 7, 2019 4:54 AM

All replies

• Hi ajit,

In the database mirroring endpoints do not specify the instance name.  Did SQL01 is your instance name?  Did POC is your server name?  

For example in my environment: 

USE master;  
    GO  
    ALTER DATABASE TSQL SET PARTNER = 'TCP://m1.contoso.com:7022'
    GO  

In this example, TSQL is mirror database name, m1.contoso.com is my full computer name, 7022 is port. Could you please try again, and share us result?

Best regards,
    Cathy

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Thursday, August 8, 2019 7:05 AM
  • Hi Ajit,

A little bit confuse, do you set up mirror for 'tester' database or AdventureWorks2017? 

The error reported on the principal or mirror server? 

Thursday, August 8, 2019 9:09 AM
  • hi,

set up mirror for 'tester' database

Friday, August 9, 2019 7:43 AM
  • Hi ajit,

Did you check things that i mentioned, and try again? 

If it resolved your issue? If you have resolved your issue, please mark the useful reply as answer. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.

In addition, if you have another questions, please feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to  MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, August 9, 2019 10:00 AM
  • hi Cathy Ji,

NOW the report,

Pls suggest..

Msg 1418, Level 16, State 1, Line 17

The server network address "TCP://POC-SQL02.PSPLPOC.local:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational.

Friday, August 9, 2019 10:42 AM
  • hi Cathy Ji,

NOW the report,

Pls suggest..

Msg 1418, Level 16, State 1, Line 17

The server network address "TCP://POC-SQL02.PSPLPOC.local:5022" can not be reached or does not exist. Check the network address name and that the ports for the local and remote endpoints are operational.

Hi ajit,

I want to confirm something again.  Your full computer name is POC-SQL02.PSPLPOC.local ? We can get the server full computer name from Control Panel>System and Security>System. 5022 is your port?  The port number is 7022 that you posted previously. 

For your error information, please try all the suggestions one by one from the blog

If they are not work, could you please post a screenshot about your issue here?

Best regards,
    Cathy 

MSDN Community Support

Monday, August 12, 2019 8:48 AM