none
Deploy custome site template in to central admin RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have site template solution "abcd.wsp". I addd this solution and deployed into the my sharepoint server.

using this below steps,

stsadm -o addsolution -filename "abcd.wsp"

stsadm -o deploysolution -name abcd.wsp -allowgacdeployment

but i can't able to see this template name in my "Custom template" tab in central admin while create a site.

please give me a solution

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:03 AM

Answers

• The way to leverage custom site templates changed in 2010 (and carried into 2013).  You create using the option to "apply template later".  The site collection itself is created, then when navigating to it, you're prompted to select the site template you wish to create the web from (typically from a template uploaded to the Solution gallery on the web).

This is different from 2007 where you would upload it and it was selectable via Central Administration.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:18 AM

All replies

• The way to leverage custom site templates changed in 2010 (and carried into 2013).  You create using the option to "apply template later".  The site collection itself is created, then when navigating to it, you're prompted to select the site template you wish to create the web from (typically from a template uploaded to the Solution gallery on the web).

This is different from 2007 where you would upload it and it was selectable via Central Administration.

Trevor Seward, MCC

Follow or contact me at...

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Thursday, September 26, 2013 3:18 AM
  • Hi Trevor,

Along these lines, can you please see if you can comment on this thread:

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/sharepoint/en-US/0af4713f-acc8-48df-8ba8-7345b9ba8cb1/how-to-add-site-template-to-central-admin?forum=SP2016

Thanks,

Rumi

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:00 AM