none
Support of Azure Storage SDK for ADLS Gen2 RRS feed

• Question

• Getting the following exception while trying to use the Azure Storage SDK with ADLS Gen2.

com.microsoft.azure.storage.StorageException Blob API is not yet supported for hierarchical namespace accounts

I have raised a request for the Public preview of the support. Not sure how to check if the request has been granted on my account or not

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 6:01 AM

All replies

• Hi Srinivas,

I’m working with the product team and get back to you when I have more information.

Wednesday, July 24, 2019 6:51 AM
  • Hi Pradeep

Do you have any further updates on this ?

Friday, July 26, 2019 5:41 AM
  • Hi Pradeep, Could you please let me know if you have any further updates on this ? One of our mutual customer wants to use the ADLS Gen2 and they are currently using the Azure Storage Connector built using the Storage API and wants to know if they can connect to the ADLS Gen2. Before responding to the customer, we wanted to check it in our inhouse setup and hence raised the request for the Public Preview.

Any response on when we can expect this support to be available for my account would be very much appreciated.

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 5:23 AM
  • Hi Srinivas,

After enrolling in the preview, within 5-7 business days you would have received an email with subject “Welcome to the Public Preview of Multi-Protocol Access for Azure Data Lake Storage”.

If in case, if you haven’t received any email after 5-7 business days, please reach-out to adlsmpa at Microsoft dot com.

Hope this helps.

Tuesday, August 6, 2019 5:26 AM