none
Managing Alerts in Office 365 - alert not showing up RRS feed

• Question

• A user who is Site Collection Admin created a folder level alert but cannot delete it since the alert does not show up when he clicks on "Manage Alert." So I had to go to Site Settings - User Alert to delete it.

Why is the created alert not showing up under, "Manage alert.'

Thanks a bunch!

Mayank

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 4:20 PM

All replies

• Your issue seems to be listed already and solved.

Please refer to below URL and see if it helps:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/support/sites/no-alert-notifications

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:31 PM
  • My problem is that I cannot see the alert that I created. Users are able to get notifications but I cannot manage or delete that alert when I go to "Manage Alerts." So I have to go to Site Settings - User Alerts to perform those operations.
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 5:59 PM
  • Can you confirm if the alerts you have created are set to send notifications to you or to someone else?

If that is the case, try creating a new alert and set it to send you a notification.

Check if you are able to see it under "manage my alerts".

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:14 PM
  • Hi Mayank,

I cannot reproduce this issue in my environment. There are a few things I would like to confirm:

1. Does this issue happen to all users in this site collections? 

2. Can you reproduce this issue in another site collection?

3. Do you have unique permission in this library?

Here’s a post of similar issue for your reference.

Alerts disappear after succesful creation.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7dae0a92-a861-47cf-a52d-9d25bec2a2b7/alerts-disappear-after-succesful-creation?forum=sharepointadminprevious

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 7:34 AM
  • Hi Mayank,

I'm checking how it is going on with this issue.

Please remember to update this thread if you have any progress.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Chelsea Wu

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 9:14 AM