none
Site collection output cache time RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have configured Site collection output cache in my sharepoint 2013:

I have configured the output cache profile:

The problem is I need the cache duration to be 7200 s (2 hours as I have configured in the profile) but in real life the cache is only available for about 15 minutes not the 2 hours, that I have specified. Is there some kind of limit to this duration setting or is there some other settings that I have missed? 

Thanks in advance for help!

Wednesday, January 8, 2020 12:53 PM

All replies

• Did you set auto recycle in your IIS?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/iis/configuration/system.applicationhost/applicationpools/add/recycling/periodicrestart/

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now!
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 1:49 AM
  • Hi TechGuyRC,

How do you view real life of the cache? You can tell me the specific steps you view real life of the cache.

Per my test, the cache duration works fine on my end. Here’s my test result.

1.Make sure you Enable debug cache information on pages. Load the page for the first time, then press F12. You could see the output cache information here:

2. With Fiddle tool, then you can view the cache expires time as following picture shows.

3.My output cache settings.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, January 9, 2020 9:24 AM
  • Hi TechGuyRC,

I'm checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, January 14, 2020 1:22 AM
  • Hi TechGuyRC,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Thursday, January 16, 2020 1:02 AM