none
compatibility about fontsub.dll RRS feed

• Question

• As we known,  there are only two public provided functions in DLL fontsub.

one is CreateFontPackage, which is used to create a subset/delta font.

the other is MergeFontPackage, which is used to Merge the font data created by using  CreateFontPackage with parameter TTFMFP_SUBSET1 or TTFMFP_DELTA.

but I found there some compatibility for different Windows platform, I used the function CreateFontPackage to create a subset font and a delta font on Windows 10,  but I can not merged these two created fonts on Windows 7,  I can merge these two created font on Windows 10.

Is there any solution for this issue?

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 2:43 AM

All replies

• Hi HelloHui

More details are needed:

• Do you use the same version of fontsub.dll on Windows 7 and Window 10?
    • Under the same conditions, have you ever tried to create a subset/delta font on Windows 7 and merged these two created fonts on Windows 10?

As far as I know, the DLL of different systems will be different. For example, on Windows 10 system, the fontsub.dll version may be updated.

Best regards,

Strive

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 8:27 AM
  • Hi Strive,

thanks for your reply.

for your question one:  no,  I just wrote a program to call the provided APIs in fontsub.dll, so the API called about creating subset/delta font is from Window 10,  we try to merge the created subset/delta font on Windows 7, which also call the provided API from fontsub.dll on Windows 7.

for question two: I did not try this, but I think it is OK, seems the provided APIs in fontsub.dll on Windows 10 are more robust on Windows 7.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 3:19 AM
  • Hi HelloHui

I'm sorry for the late reply.

Is it helpful to use the provided APIs in fontsub.dll on win10?

Best regards,

Strive

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, October 24, 2019 6:31 AM
  • Hi Strive,

thanks for your reply.

yes, it is OK, but I need to create the subset and delta font at Win10, and merge these created fonts at Win7.

Is there any corresponding static link library for fontsub.dll provided by Microsoft?

• Edited by HelloHui Friday, November 8, 2019 8:30 AM
    Friday, November 8, 2019 8:02 AM