none
Setting Library Alert for another user: SharePoint Online RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to change the name of the person who sends a library alert to other users. I am the Site Collection Admin and I see my email listed under.

Send me alerts by:

Can I have "Send me alerts by" to be send to another user and not myself.

Thanks & Regards,

Mayank Shyam

Send me alerts by:
    Send me alerts by:
    Monday, August 19, 2019 2:41 PM

All replies

• No you can't change the Send me alerts by to another user. if you need like you have to create with that user / service account. or else no way you can change that.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Monday, August 19, 2019 3:44 PM
  • Hi Mayankguru,  

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 3:01 AM
  • Mayank

If you delete your name from the User Box and add the name of another user it will set the alert up for them. You can check that it is setup by going to Site Settings at the level your Library sits and review all alerts for that Site/Sub-Site.

Cheers

Ross Urquhart

Monday, September 2, 2019 12:57 PM
  • Hi Mayankguru, 

How is everything going?

Is there anything update about this issue?

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, September 3, 2019 1:17 AM