none
Unable to connect to Azure Data lake Gen2 storage on Power BI to use DataFlow RRS feed

• Question

• I have having issues connecting my Azure data lake gen2 storage to my power bi web for Dataflow. I have follow the steps provided but I am still receiving a message that my credentials are incorrect. Please advise. Thanks!
    Tuesday, August 13, 2019 6:47 PM

All replies

• Hi Calvin,

Could you please provide as much details as possible about your scenario?

I would request you to provide the steps which you are trying, along with the screenshot of the error message?

Meanwhile, you may go through “Connect ADLS Gen2 for dataflow storage” and see if you are missing any steps.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 8:12 AM
  • Here are my steps in attempting to connect my Azure Data Lake Gen2 to Power BI for Dataflow.

1. I followed the link you provided above and confirmed my credentials/permissions multiple times
    2. Open Power BI Web
    3. Navigate to Settings>Admin Portal> Dataflow Settings
    4. Enter the following credentials
      1. Subscription ID = 3dc1b3f6-fe31-429d-b6b3-0c8e4c5d756b
      2. Resource Group name = sffedcu-data
      3. Storage account name = sffedcudata
    5. An error message when submitting the credential provided above "There's a problem with the storage details provided. Please make sure your storage details are accurate"

I am able to connect to the ADLS Gen2 fine via Power BI Desktop.

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 3:41 PM
  • Hi Calvin,

Apologize for the delay in response.

As per my observation, when I started initially connecting ADLS Gen2 for dataflow storage. I got the same error message “There's a problem with the storage details provided. Please make sure your storage details are accurate and try again”.

After digging deeper into the issue and checked all the perquisites mentioned in the document and after cross checking all the requirements, I’m able to connect ADLS Gen2 for data flow storage.

Before you can configure Power BI with an Azure Data Lake Storage Gen2 account, you must create and configure a storage account. Let's take a look at the requirements for Power BI:

1. The storage account must be created in the same AAD tenant as your Power BI tenant.
    2. The storage account must be created in the same region as your Power BI tenant. To determine where you Power BI tenant is located, see where is my Power BI tenant located.
    3. The storage account must have the Hierarchical Name Space feature enabled.
    4. Power BI service must be granted a Reader role on the storage account.
    5. A Filesystem named powerbi must be created.
    6. Power BI services must be authorized to the powerbi filesystem you create.

Hope this helps. Do let us know if you any further queries.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 5:12 AM
  • Hi Calvin,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, August 27, 2019 7:16 AM
  • Hi Calvin,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Wednesday, August 28, 2019 10:19 AM