none
How to set up the "Multiple consoles for a single application" library? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi 

I am using visual studio 2017 and I'm making a program that outputs some stats to a second console window. I have seen some ways to do open another console window and I found a sort of a library that does that in a user friendly way .Because I don't really know what I 'm doing I didn't mange to set up the library properly.
     "The "Code Project" site is called "Multiple consoles for a single application.

Can anyone help me set this up?

Thanks!

Tuesday, August 13, 2019 2:47 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

>>How to set up the "Multiple consoles for a single application" library?

Our process can start a new helper child-process, so the helper process will display whatever our process sends it. We can easily implement such a solution with pipes: for each new console, we'll open a pipe, and execute a Console-Helper application - the role of this application is very simple, it will print everything sent through the pipe. 

For more details, I suggest you could refer to the link: https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/13368/Multiple-consoles-for-a-single-application

In the code, it implement a console class CConsoleLogger, then you can create multiple console windows.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 1:31 AM
  • Hi 

I am using visual studio 2017 and I'm making a program that outputs some stats to a second console window. I have seen some ways to do open another console window and I found a sort of a library that does that in a user friendly way .Because I don't really know what I 'm doing I didn't mange to set up the library properly.
     "The "Code Project" site is called "Multiple consoles for a single application.

Can anyone help me set this up?

Thanks!

Hello,

the codeproject site https://www.codeproject.com/Articles/13368/Multiple-consoles-for-a-single-application is a working example. It is not a library.

You can use the class in the code wherever you want. Look at the example code, then you know how to use the class.

If you have problems compiling and linking the example, show us the errors that the compiler and linker throw. And tell us what VS and System you are using.

Regards, Guido

Wednesday, August 14, 2019 6:05 AM
  • Hi,

Have you got any updates? If your case has been solved, please help to mark answers. If not, just feel free to contact us.

Your understanding and cooperation will be grateful.

Best Regards,

Jeanine Zhang

Thursday, August 22, 2019 6:14 AM