none
Azure Data Factory RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way to get the schema from the source data set while copy data to azure data base without creating a schema in the database for that table.
    Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:36 PM

All replies

• Hi Akshit,

Yes you can get the schema from the source dataset without creating a schema in the DB. There are multiple ways it can be done. A couple of them are :

• While creating the dataset, you can check out the "Schema" tab as shown below :
    • In the copy activity, you can click on "Preview Data" from the "Source" tab as shown below :

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, July 10, 2019 8:34 AM
  • So I my data source is Sales Force and when I create as source data set using it I dont see any options like you stated.

similarly when i use the copy data pipeline as well I dont see any option which your screen shot shows.

I think it is possible only when you have that data stored in your azure you can do it.

Friday, July 12, 2019 6:28 PM
  • Hi Akshit,

Sorry for the delayed response. In your dataset, you can go to connection and beside "table", you will see the "Preview Data" button as shown in the below screenshot. It works the same way as the above suggestions that I made.

Tuesday, July 16, 2019 6:44 AM
  • So I have a source data set as salesforce consider sf_accounts and I dont have any table in my sink data set which will be azure data base.

when I create a pipeline and define source and sink and click on preview data in sink i get an error.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:27 PM
  • and in this screen shot when i click on mapping it says me to configure table properties to get auto schema but I dnt see any such option.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019 11:29 PM
  • Hi Akshit,

I do not see the option as well. 

For a deeper investigation and immediate assistance on this issue, if you have a support plan you may file a support ticket, else could you please send an email to AzCommunity@Microsoft.com with the below details, so that we can create a one-time-free support ticket for you to work closely on this matter. 

Thread URL: https://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bcd99bf7-1f97-4fee-bccc-21081c5db872/azure-data-factory?forum=AzureDataLake
    Subscription ID:  <your subscription id>

Please let me know once you have done the same.

Friday, July 19, 2019 1:45 PM
  • Hi Akshit,

Did you get a chance to raise the support request?

Thursday, July 25, 2019 5:09 AM
  • Hi Akshit,

Just wanted to check - was your issue resolved?

Tuesday, July 30, 2019 10:14 AM