none
.net core c# launch SSRS portal in new window and pass basic authentication details RRS feed

• Question

• hi guys,

i know support for SSRS and .net core is essentially limited, that's okay though as the solution i have at the moment relies on exposing the SSRS portal with role based permissions for users.

at the moment when i launch SSRS portal on an azure VM it popps up with a username and password which is okay for now.

long term what i'm hoping to do is have my .net core web application open the new window / tab and pass the username and password for basic authentication, essentially allowing the user to automatically access the SSRS portal

there appears to be webform support for this but as we know that's not available in Core.

does anybody have a simple approach for this?

Thursday, December 5, 2019 9:19 AM

All replies

• So, this would be a authentication process in .net core application.

Have you tried this forum ASP.NET Core ? I suppose, in .net core forum, there could be more web developer that might help.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 6, 2019 3:35 AM
  • not quite, all i really want to do is authenticate to the SSRS portal, 

using aspnet forms you can basically connect to an SSRS instence with basic authentication

username, password and domain

however forms is not supported in .net Core

soo.... the question is targeted at the authorisation services in SSRS available to .net Core.

i'll log the question in .net core forum too, thanks :)

Friday, December 6, 2019 5:38 AM
  • We hope some other developer who worked with .net core would share some related experience.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 7:09 AM