none
Flow is not triggering Workflow to send email and lock the document in SharePoint RRS feed

• Question

• Hi Everyone,

I am using Microsoft flows to copy document from one library to another.

Its working fine .

for destination Library sharepoint designer workflow is running.

When a document is added to the library email should go and it should lock after 2 days.

when we copy with flows when a document is added workflow is not triggering .

Any one is having idea.

Please help.

Thank you,

Sowjanya.

Monday, October 7, 2019 5:00 PM

Answers

• Hi Sowjanya,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

If you have solved the problem yourself, you can reply the solution and mark it as the answer.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:59 AM

All replies

• Please check your trigger condition.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Learn Microsoft 365 from Microsoft DOCs now!
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 1:30 AM
  • Hi Sowjanya,

Based on my test, the workflow triggers successfully even copy with flows when a document is added.

To narrow down the issue, please check the workflow start options associated with the destination library in SharePoint designer.

Ensure you have ticked the check box as shown below:

If you have checked the option correctly, and the workflow still occur the issue, please provide more information about your workflow for further troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Julie

• Proposed as answer by KumarMohiT Tuesday, October 8, 2019 8:06 AM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2019 7:29 AM
  • Hi Julie,

i did have that check mark.

Is there any triggering conditions i need to made in workflow related to flow.

I am struck with this.

Please help me.

THANK YOU,

Sowjanya.

Tuesday, October 8, 2019 2:23 PM
  • Hi Sowjanya,

There are no other triggering conditions you need set within flow and designer workflow.

Once you use the flow to copy files from source library to destination library, there is no additional work needs flow.

And in the destination library,  the new created file will trigger the designer workflow.

Which workflow did you use? SharePoint 2010 workflow or SharePoint 2013 workflow?

Please have a test in a new library and test different workflow to check whether the workflow can be triggered correctly.

If possible, could you provide some workflow steps you design and I could repeat your steps to have a test for better solving the issue.

Best regards,

Julie

Wednesday, October 9, 2019 8:45 AM
  • Hi Sowjanya,

I’m checking how the things are going on about this issue. Whether the post helps you?

You can mark the post as answer if it helps.

Best regards,

Julie

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 8:36 AM
  • Hi Julie,

I tested both sharepoint 2010 and sharepoint 2013 workflow none of them are working

2010 workflow.

settings in 2010 workflow

Thank you,

Sowjanya.

Thursday, October 10, 2019 7:45 PM
  • Hi Sowjanya,

What did you mean not working? Not trigger or not executed the workflow steps you provided?

If former, please republish the workflow and go to the library settings> workflow settings and check whether the workflow has been published successfully.

If later, please check whether the Document status column you created equals Approved.

From your screenshot, when you copy files to the destination library, the Document status is null and will not perform the steps about sending emails and declaring the records.

And you could follow below steps to meet your requirements:

Note: Once you fill the document status, you could manually start the workflow again, and click the start options as shown below:

Besides, the workflow history will show the log information in below picture:

Best Regards,

Julie

Monday, October 14, 2019 7:36 AM
  • Hi Sowjanya,

Is there any progress on this issue?

If you find any replies helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers.

If you have solved the problem yourself, you can reply the solution and mark it as the answer.

It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards,

Julie

Thursday, October 17, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi Sowjanya,

Congratulations on solving this issue and thanks for your marking.

If possible,could you share with us how did you solve the issue?

It will do great help to those who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thanks again for your contribution.

Best regards,

Julie

Thursday, October 24, 2019 1:23 AM