none
SharePoint Server 2019 - Missing item context menu, drag and drop functionality in document library RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

Few days back, I was able to work with document library as expected, however in last few days, something has happened I do not know and I am missed with item context menu, drag and drop functionality in document library and the "Modiefied" column displas ID instead of user name as indicated in following screen:

What could have happened and how can I resolve this?

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:22 PM

Answers

• For functions missing, do you have any customized contents such as script editor webpart or custom CSS? I am also thinking of web browser related issue.

Is the Modifiedby ID clickable? If so click the ID link and check the content. I guess there may be something with User profile service.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:19 AM
  • NEWS - It got worked as expected when I re-deployed farm solutions.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:05 AM

All replies

• For functions missing, do you have any customized contents such as script editor webpart or custom CSS? I am also thinking of web browser related issue.

Is the Modifiedby ID clickable? If so click the ID link and check the content. I guess there may be something with User profile service.

Senior Software Engineer

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:19 AM
  • Hi Justin,

Thankyou for helping out!

I saw the JavaScript error, so I have created one fresh SharePoint classic site without any customization, where I am facing the same error, console doesn't display any JavaScript error.

Modified ID is not clickable, it's just a plain text with id number

I have checked in chrome,IE and added the site in the trusted location, although facing the same issue.

Although, modern view displays user id properly, also drag and drop functionality works well as expected, this is happening only in classic site, looks strange behavior ! :( 

any clue?

Dipti Chhatrapati

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 6:28 AM
  • Really strange. I don't have onpremise environment.

Has any updated be implemented or custom solution be deployed?

You can also try to open the web browser with admin run to check whether the issue persist.

Senior Software Engineer

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:00 AM
  • Hi Dipti,

This is really strange. I have never met this in my SharePoint 2019. 

Does this issue only exist in this site collection? Have you tried to test in other site collections? 

What's more, try to create a new site collection in another web application. Check if this issue still exists.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 8:59 AM
  • Hi Michael,

This is in all the site collection in SharePoint farm, Modern UI works fine, but all classic document libraries are affected, I am unable to even create a folder there.See the following screens for the difference in the same site in different UI:

Moder View

Classic View

Unfortunately, I could not create new web application, that's a limitation in my current dev machine.

Also, I  have checked with Mozilla firefox which is not dependent on IE settings, even though I am facing the same error.

Looking forward to a resolution!

Dipti Chhatrapati

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 10:20 AM
  • NEWS - It got worked as expected when I re-deployed farm solutions.

Thank you all for your understanding and patience!

Best Regards,

Dipti Chhatrapati

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 11:05 AM
  • Hi Dipti,

Glad you solved this. Thanks for your sharing. You could mark your reply as an answer. It will help others who meet the similar issue in the future.

Best Regards,

Michael Han

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:42 AM