OneDrive : Access to the path 'xxx' is denied RRS feed

• Question

• Hello

I have an access issue with a file on onedrive with a WP8 application
      - When the app is executed from VS everything is ok. I able to read the file
      - The same app published to the store generate the error : Acces to the path 'xxx' is denied (xxx=folder)

I can read the list of folder. I can read the list of file inside the folder. I can write a file in the folder. I can recover the ID of the file in the folder but no way to download it. Really strange that is work within VS and not in store.....

I tested several device and emulator and always got that behavior

I'm really confused about that as i can't really debug.
      Is there some information i am missing regarding onedrive?

Best regards

Olivier

Thursday, October 2, 2014 3:10 PM

Answers

• Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !

Your external point of viex help me find out the problem. It has nothing to do with onedrive :-(

I was due to a problem when writing a folder or file that was existing. My try/catch was to big and i focused on onedrive.
    After doing some clean up on isolated before restoring my file, everything is fine !

Friday, October 3, 2014 5:50 PM

All replies

• How are you accessing the file and to where are you trying to download it?

If you are trying to save in the app install directory then that may work while debugging but not once the app is properly installed.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 7:24 PM
  • Here is what i'm using :

Dim operationResult As LiveDownloadOperationResult
    operationResult = Await client.DownloadAsync(SkyDriveFileId & "/content")
    Dim inputStream As MemoryStream = DirectCast(operationResult.Stream, MemoryStream)

I'm using the same code in another app that is in the store and i got no problem.

I have checked and SkyDriveFileId got the good value. The client is ok as i'm using it for other things (profil and upload)

The error is generated by the downloadAsync. Just tried the backgrounddownload, looks like it works once but now i got the same error.

This is driving me crazy :(

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:07 PM
  • The download is also working when deployed on a phone From VS.

Thursday, October 2, 2014 9:26 PM
  • Looks like you're using the Live Connect API, which has its own forum.
    Thursday, October 2, 2014 10:58 PM
  • Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, Thank you !

Your external point of viex help me find out the problem. It has nothing to do with onedrive :-(

I was due to a problem when writing a folder or file that was existing. My try/catch was to big and i focused on onedrive.
    After doing some clean up on isolated before restoring my file, everything is fine !

Friday, October 3, 2014 5:50 PM