none
Get Typename "This PC\... folders" ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, sorry... my English is Bad
    The Win10 Explorer outputs the information "System Folder" in the known folders (in "This PC"). I use "SHGetKnownFolderItem" for the title and the path. However, I would like to determine this type, so then here "system folder" get back. Someone an idea?

Sunday, November 3, 2019 6:24 PM

All replies

• a system shell item would have the SFGAO_SYSTEM bit set in attributes if that is what you are asking...

Visual C++ MVP

Sunday, November 3, 2019 7:38 PM
  • I know SFGAO_SYSTEM. But I would like to be able to read the text "Systemfolder" or in German "Systemordner" from the API. Is that possible? Nevertheless, thanks for the info about the flag SFGAO_SYSTEM
    Sunday, November 3, 2019 9:13 PM
  • see what you get from query the System.Shell.SFGAOFlagsStrings peoperty via IShellItem2. 

Visual C++ MVP

Monday, November 4, 2019 1:26 AM
  • Try property key PKEY_ItemTypeText.

In a quick test (Win 8.1) it retrieved "System Folder" for known folders FOLDERID_Documents, FOLDERID_Downloads and FOLDERID_ComputerFolder

Monday, November 4, 2019 4:01 AM
  • Thanks for the keywords "System.Shell.SFGAOFlagsStrings", "IShellItem2", "PKEY_ItemTypeText". I still have not reached the goal, because I have to implement it in Delphi. But I'm working on it. Let's see if I can do it. thanks
    Monday, November 4, 2019 8:57 PM
  • It is only partially.
    For "FOLDERID_Objects3D" I get "file folder". For FOLDERID_Desktop "an empty string. For the others (pictures, documents, downloads, music and videos) I also get" System Folder ".
    Monday, November 4, 2019 11:20 PM