none
Power BI embedded in an on-premises environment( ReportServer ): Authentication Token or another solution? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Our environment is on-premises. We use PBIRS to store our reports and many IIS inside our network accessing the ReportServer, but our reports are only for external users authenticated in our site. They will see the reports through an Iframe in the site. We don't use Azure, the ReportServer and the IIS's are on the same internal network.
    We are doing tests using CustomSecuritySample, in the Microsoft GitHub, trying to secure that only users authenticated in our site see the reports. But we aren't like customsecurity approach for many reasons...few programmers in the community, the users can access the reports in another tab after authentication, cookies problems, hard to configure, hard to maintain, etc..

Is it possible to use authentication tokens or an API or another solution( simple to implement, preferably, and with many programmers using ) in an on-premises environment( Power BI Report Server ) to secure that only through the iframe in my site the user will see the Report??
    If not possible my company probably will give up from Power BI, because we hated the CustomSecurity dll approach.

Best Regards,
    Luis

Thursday, November 14, 2019 2:51 PM

All replies

• Hi Luis,

Regarding to this Power BI development, I suggest to get help from Power BI Forum, which would be more professional for this case.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Lukas,

I know the Power BI Forum, but I doesn't have access to the Power BI Forum; I only have access to this community.

Best Regards,

Luis

Monday, November 18, 2019 11:38 AM
  • Luis,

Unfortunately we don't have power BI test environment at hand. Regarding to your issue, this needs real time testing, I can't give you bold suggestion based on my ssrs experience. 

Hope other community member with related experience could see this and offer some help. 

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 22, 2019 3:10 AM