none
Editing MS Access 2010 Macros RRS feed

• Question

• Hello, I am working on a project of a pre-existing Access file.  It now errors due to trying to locate/run the macro of the location that does not exist anymore.  I know where the new location of the files/tables it is trying to access but I am having hard time locating or finding to edit the macro to update the correct path location/file.  Please help.  I googled and still not finding what I need.  At the same time, I am brushing up on my Access skills otherwise I wouldn't be this stuck.

Error msg "Could not find file '....'

I just can't find the location/macro where to edit that path

Regards, Chi

Wednesday, June 3, 2015 4:28 PM

Answers

• Hi Chi,

>>I just can't find the location/macro where to edit that path<<

It depends on the event where the macro is executed. For example, we can modify the On Click for the click event if we need assign an macro for button click.

Also if there is an error in Macro, it will prompt "Macro Signle Step" window, we can get the get macro name from this figure like below:

You can get more detail from link about Macro Sigle Step from link below:
    Test a macro by using Single Step mode

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:24 AM

All replies

• Hi,

This is the forum to discuss questions and feedback for Microsoft Office, your issue need to check VBA code, I'll move your question to the MSDN forum for Access

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/home?forum=accessdev&filter=alltypes&sort=lastpostdesc

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is you will get the most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the forums regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your interaction with us. Thank you for your understanding.

George Zhao
    TechNet Community Support

It's recommended to download and install Configuration Analyzer Tool (OffCAT), which is developed by Microsoft Support teams. Once the tool is installed, you can run it at any time to scan for hundreds of known issues in Office programs.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 6:12 AM
  • You can use the Macro Action Catelog to search for the specified file path.  However, you might try converting all of your macros to VBA.  Go to the module that is created.  There you can search for the specified file path (Ctrl+F).  This should take you to the converted macro procedure that references the file.  The procedure name will guide you to the macro name that is failing.  You may wish to keep the VBA procedures and do away with all macros.
    Thursday, June 4, 2015 9:02 AM
  • Hi Chi,

>>I just can't find the location/macro where to edit that path<<

It depends on the event where the macro is executed. For example, we can modify the On Click for the click event if we need assign an macro for button click.

Also if there is an error in Macro, it will prompt "Macro Signle Step" window, we can get the get macro name from this figure like below:

You can get more detail from link about Macro Sigle Step from link below:
    Test a macro by using Single Step mode

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Monday, June 8, 2015 5:24 AM
  • Pardon me for interrupting but it seems the OP is having trouble connecting to the BE. If this is the case use the Linked Table Manager to set the correct path to the BE.

Look under the External Data Tab in the Ribbon.

Hth

Just takes a click to give thanks for a helpful post or answer.
    Please vote “Helpful” or Mark as “Answer” as appropriate.
    Chris Ward
    Microsoft Community Contributor 2012

Tuesday, June 9, 2015 2:59 PM