none
I can't finish Windows App Certification Kit check with my desktop application RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

Recently I need to do Windows App Certification Kit check with my desktop application.

But it can not finish with below error:

"Testing cannot continue unless an application is successfully installed, including a disckoverable shortcut and an entry in add/remove programs."

After I click "OK",this tool exited.

My desktop application installer can create a right shortcut while installing.

Some useful info:

1.After I choose my installer and begin to check, it could be installed successfully with install wizard.

2.However,After step1, it began to uninstall.After finishing uninstall with uninstall wizard, the error dialog displayed.

I think the reason of this error is that WACK tool wanted to launch my application by shortcut, but the shortcut is deleted after uninstallation.

I don't know how to fix it.

Could anyone give me some help ?

Environment:

A:Windows 10(1903)

B:WACK:Windows 10 SDK, version 1903 (10.0.18362.1)

Thanks a lot !

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 5:11 AM

All replies

• Hi SkyeYuan,

There is a similar case :
    Windows App Certification Kit -- what is a "Discoverable Shortcut"?

Is your application a UWP application or a win32 application converted with DeskTop Bridge? 
    WACK installs and deploys UWP applications automatically. There is no installation and uninstallation steps like traditional win32. The problem may be that WACK detection is performed directly without completing the conversion.

Best regards,

Jeffrey

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, November 27, 2019 8:25 AM
  • Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your help!

My application is not a UWP application.

It is a .net desktop application and could create a shortcut when installing.

By the way, my application could finish WACK check in win10(1703) with SDK(10.0.15063.468).

However, I want to know why WACK check can not finish in win10(1903)?

Monday, December 2, 2019 3:32 AM
  • Hi,

Have you tried to reproduce the same issue on another computer?

Best regards,

Jeffrey

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 5:37 AM