none
SSRS 2016 Report builder Oracle connection issue RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Oracle Views are not listed in Report builder connection option , only stored proc are listing.

Is there any way to show oracle views also?

Please suggest?

for ref- Please find attached screenshot.

Thanks

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:09 AM

Answers

• Hi All,

I got the solution,

If we want to use Oracle views in Report builder then u need to install ODP Provider for oracle, after install this you got a new listing in Database drop down as "Oracle Database" in Select Connection type" drop down list.

So when we use "Oracle Database" connection type to create data-source then we can use oracle views also to create Data-Set.

I hope this will help if anyone have same requirement

Thanks

Vishal Wadhwa

• Marked as answer by VishalWadhwa Friday, November 15, 2019 6:42 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 6:42 AM

All replies

• Report Builder don't list tables or views. Select "Text" instead of "Stored procedures" then you can enter a query on the view.

Olaf Helper

[ Blog] [ Xing] [ MVP]

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:18 AM
  • Thanks Olaf for your response,

When I use SQL connection to create Dataset then through Query builder i can use Views and stored procedure directly,  but when i use oracle connection to create Dataset then i can use only Stored procedure, that time no oracle views are listed,

Please help me to find out the reason if you know?

Thanks

Tuesday, October 22, 2019 10:39 AM
  • For choosing table and view visually, you need to click query designer in this windows of your screenshot.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Wednesday, October 23, 2019 3:09 AM
  • Hi All,

I got the solution,

If we want to use Oracle views in Report builder then u need to install ODP Provider for oracle, after install this you got a new listing in Database drop down as "Oracle Database" in Select Connection type" drop down list.

So when we use "Oracle Database" connection type to create data-source then we can use oracle views also to create Data-Set.

I hope this will help if anyone have same requirement

Thanks

Vishal Wadhwa

• Marked as answer by VishalWadhwa Friday, November 15, 2019 6:42 AM
    Friday, November 15, 2019 6:42 AM
  • Thanks for your sharing and feedback!

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 15, 2019 7:44 AM