none
A Macro in MS Project, when the assigned resource column is empty RRS feed

• Question

• Hello everyone, you know if it is possible to do this.

With a Macro in MS Project pro 2019, detect empty (without data) column "Resource Name". Then deploy an alert pop up.
    This would be a template, and will be uploaded to Project online (Template)

Thanks since now

Atte
    Domingo

Friday, December 6, 2019 8:15 PM

All replies

• Domingo --

Why wouldn't you just create a filter named something like Missing Resources on Detailed Tasks and add it to the template?  As part of the QA process at the end of the planning stage, teach your PMs to apply this filter to make sure they have resources assigned to every detailed task?  This is actually one out of about 10 QA filters that I personally recommend should be used with every project to make sure they are high-quality projects and are ready for baselining and going into the Execution stage.  Just a thought.  Hope this helps.

Dale A. Howard [MVP]

Friday, December 6, 2019 10:44 PM
  • Dear Dale, thanks for the idea.
    The only thing I see, it is all manual to discover the gap in the resource column.
    But as a control, ¿ I would like to send an email alert to the Project Manager ???, who in critical tasks is not assigned the resource.

Another alternative, with a report in PBI connected to the resources module, and deploying KPI when the task has not been assigned.

Best regards

• Edited by antonsot Sunday, December 8, 2019 2:40 PM Highlight question
    Saturday, December 7, 2019 3:08 PM