none
Find a Reference of .Net Framework Class in .Net Framework Base Class Library RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

As many of you may know about Shift + F12. By this command we can find the reference of an object/Function being used through out the project. Today i was exploring .Net Framework Class Library by using object browser. I just want to know that is there any method which can tell me at which places (or in classes), a specific .Net class is being used in .Net Framework Class Library.

For example Thread class object is being used in Thread class itself (Thread.Current).

I hope i have explained my question comperihansivly.

Any help or tool will be highly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards,
    Bilal Shahzad

BS
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:45 PM

Answers

• There are two that I know of right off the bat. 

Reflector will allow you to search classes that depend on other classes.

NDepend will allow you to find the dependencies within your own solutions, along with a whole slew of other good information to know about your own projects.

David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/
    • Marked as answer by Bilal Shahzad Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:47 PM

All replies

• There are two that I know of right off the bat. 

Reflector will allow you to search classes that depend on other classes.

NDepend will allow you to find the dependencies within your own solutions, along with a whole slew of other good information to know about your own projects.

David Morton - http://blog.davemorton.net/
    • Marked as answer by Bilal Shahzad Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:44 PM
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 1:47 PM
  • Hi David,

Although i have used Reflector for many times in past, but didn't try to find the above thing in Reflector. It came to me a new feature of reflector.

Thanks for your post.

Regards,
    Bilal Shahzad

BS
    Tuesday, April 28, 2009 2:46 PM