none
shared dataset with dax not showing toolbar in report build RRS feed

• Question

• I've used Microsoft Report Builder 15.0.1473.0 to create a shared dataset that queries a tabular model on SQL Server 2017. And when building that dataset yesterday i'm 100% sure that i had the toolbar buttons at the top for 'multi valued parameters' and 'edit as text', etc. However now they're missing?

Sometimes i do get this error wich exactly indicates the location where the toolbar used to be(i did not draw those red lines:)

Tried using different computers, but can't get this to work.

If I use an embedded dataset in my report it DOES work. 

Am i missing something?

Friday, December 6, 2019 12:50 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you mean, you have set parameter for the shared dataset? Like below:

What kind of "missing" are we talking about here? Have you had used the parameter in the dataset query?

If in report, you could check also the Parameter setting in the report, make sure you've also added parameter to the report first.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 9, 2019 1:21 AM
  • I'm trying to attach images or a link, but that won't work apparently until something is confirmed on my account.

I'm talking about the "Query designer" screen for an ssas datasource. The problem is that i don't have the buttons next to the "MDX/DAX" dropdown (so: multivalued parameter, run, design, etc).

• Edited by orphu7 Wednesday, December 11, 2019 8:07 AM
    Monday, December 9, 2019 8:31 AM
  • It is possible that the AS datasource was modified and parameter was removed? We could check the datasource.

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, December 13, 2019 1:25 AM
  • The problem stays even when i define a new datasource.
    Friday, December 13, 2019 7:30 AM
  • Is this  the parameter you are talking about?

Friday, December 20, 2019 4:09 AM
  • Yes, that button (and the other ones on the left of that) are missing.
    Monday, January 6, 2020 7:55 AM