none
Upgrading To SSRS 2017, Active X Printing Discontinued RRS feed

• Question

• Hey

Looking to upgrade from SSRS 2014 to SSRS 2017. We use several reports that are sized for a 135mm X 100mm thermal label printer. Using SSRS 2014 report manager, we simply hit the active X print control and the reports are printed in the desired size on the label printer.

I am currently testing SSRS 2017 and the print button is now just a PDF export function. When we click print, the 135mm X 100mm report is placed in the corner of A4 size page and the report gets resized to include the blank space around the report. Printing this to our label printers retains the blank space and shrinks the report to the point that it is unusable. There are some page size options (A5, letter, etc) but which ever you choose, this doesn't appear to make any difference.

This is a deal breaker for me, but I don't really want to get left behind on an old version and active x seems to be getting put to pasture in browsers anyway. Anyone have any ideas how I can recreate the original function without too much manual intervention for the users?

Thanks

Steve

Thursday, November 28, 2019 12:55 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Steve,

You could try this:

1. In report property, set the report page size to 135mm X 100mm as you want.

2. Drag the to be printed textbox/chart to have the same size of the report border.

This could help you to get rid of the report blank volume.

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Friday, November 29, 2019 2:15 AM
  • Thanks for the reply Lukas. I had already tried this, I think the issue was being caused by the printing defaults set on the printer. I have made some progress by changing these, but the report is now being stretched over 2 pages.
    Friday, November 29, 2019 8:55 AM
  • Sorry not very familiar with printers. You could google the printer name and see if there are relevant cases and solutions. 

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, December 2, 2019 2:42 AM
  • Issue was resolved by setting the page size in printer's printing defaults and setting the report margins to zero
    Friday, December 6, 2019 8:28 AM
  • Great! Thanks for your sharing of solution.

Friday, December 13, 2019 7:44 AM