none
Our "Popularity trends" report is not showing any results (0 views) RRS feed

• Question

• we have sharepoint server 2013 on-premises. and inside all our sites, the Popularity Trends report will show 0 views. so i checked the following:-

1. Central admin > Application management > Manage Service Application > "Usage and Health Data Collection Service Application", i found that it is stopped.

so i re-provision it, using this power-shell:-

$sap = Get-SPServiceApplicationProxy | where-object {$_.TypeName -eq “Usage and Health Data Collection Proxy”}
    $sap.Provision()

and the service started again:-

but still the report will show 0 views.

so i read this link http://geekswithblogs.net/bjackett/archive/2013/08/26/powershell-script-to-workaround-no-data-in-sharepoint-2013-usage.aspx and when i run this script

$aud = Get-SPUsageDefinition | where {$_.Name -like “Analytics*”} 
    $aud | fl 

$prud = Get-SPUsageDefinition | where {$_.Name -like “Page Requests”}  
    $prud | fl 

i found that i have the "EnableReceivers" = False. so i run this script to enable it:-

if((Get-PSSnapin -Name Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell) -eq $null) 
    { 
        Add-PSSnapin Microsoft.SharePoint.PowerShell 
    } 

$aud = Get-SPUsageDefinition | where {$_.Name -like “Analytics*”} 
    # if analytics usage definition receivers is empty then manually add back receiver 
    if($aud.Receivers.Count -eq 0) 
    { 
        $aud.Receivers.Add(“Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Applications, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c”, “Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Analytics.Internal.AnalyticsCustomRequestUsageReceiver”) 
    } 
    # if analytics usage definition receiver is not enabled then enable it 
    if($aud.EnableReceivers -eq $false) 
    { 
        $aud.EnableReceivers = $true 
        $aud.Update() 
    } 
    $aud | fl 
    $prud = Get-SPUsageDefinition | where {$_.Name -like “Page Requests”}  
    # if page requests usage definition receivers is empty then manually add back receiver 
    if($prud.Receivers.Count -eq 0) 
    { 
        $prud.Receivers.Add(“Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Applications, Version=15.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=71e9bce111e9429c”, “Microsoft.Office.Server.Search.Analytics.Internal.ViewRequestUsageReceiver”)  
    } 
    # if page requests usage definition receiver is not enabled then enable it 
    if($prud.EnableReceivers -eq $false) 
    { 
        $prud.EnableReceivers = $true 
        $prud.Update() 
    } 
    $prud | fl 

but still the report will show 0 view. although when i checked the following location C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office Servers\15.0\Data\Office i can see that there are files been generated and capture the user's actions :-

but i am not sure why those actions are not been reflected inside the "Popularity trends" report ? should i wait for couple of hours to have these actions reflected inside the "Popularity trends" report ?

Thanks

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:20 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi John,

After running the script it will take 24 Hours to show the reports in popularity trends. So, you have to wait for 24 hours to display the reports.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:29 AM
  • Hi John,

After running the script it will take 24 Hours to show the reports in popularity trends. So, you have to wait for 24 hours to display the reports.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thanks for the reply. But we can not get the results faster?

• Edited by johnjohn11 Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:48 AM
    Thursday, August 22, 2019 12:35 AM
  • Nope, I faced the same issue earlier and had to wait for 24 hours after running the same script you ran.

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Thursday, August 22, 2019 2:51 AM

• Hi johnjohn11,

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, August 22, 2019 3:24 AM