none
timer Jobs of Migrated Content Databases from Shp 2007 not working RRS feed

  • Question

  • Hi,

    I'm having a hard time trying to fix this issue

    I upgraded 2 content database from Sp 2007 to SP 2013. The migration went smoothly. Today I decided to test some features, workflows and alerts on lists. 

    When I create an alert, the first mail of confirmation arrives without problem. When I modify documents, the events doesn't send any mail.

    After checking the SharePoint jobs, the last run time for immediate alerts job register the date before migrating to shp 2013. Also in the timelock table, the server id, references the SharePoint 2010 server used for the migration.

    I tried all the workarounds I found on forums, to refresh or change the server that runs the jobs without luck. 

    My last resource was checking other content databases in Sharepoint 2013 that doesn't have issues with the notifications and the timerlock in those register the WFE in SharePoint 2013. But there's another issue in the central adminitration, when I try to make a new webapp, it finish creating the content DB, but doesn't create anything on the IIS.

    Another team installed a CU in the farm, and that date is the same that display the timerlock table for the content databases which were in SharePoint 2013 from the begining.

    The event viewer in the APP server display this message Database 'Master' on SQL Server instance 'SP2013DB' is not empty and does not match current database schema, which makes me think that the CU wasn't correctly installed....but I'm still investigating...

    This is clearly a mess, but I would like to know if anyone found a solution for problem similar to mine.

    Thank you beforehand

    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:09 AM

Answers

  • I ran the sharepoint config wizard and failed, so I decided to recreate the whole farm which solve the problem.
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:03 PM
  • Just for the record, I found the same issue in another farm. The main problem was the sharepoint config database which was corrupted. The solution, disconnect the servers and create a new farm with a new configuration database. After finishing the wizard and include the servers to the new farm the problem disappeared. No need to reinstall sharepoint server 2013 which I did previously.

    This happened because the user in charge of the administration, didn't install correctly the patches.

     
    • Marked as answer by Feibien Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:17 PM

All replies

  • I ran the sharepoint config wizard and failed, so I decided to recreate the whole farm which solve the problem.
    Tuesday, July 30, 2019 7:03 PM
  • Hi Feibien, 

    Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark your reply as an answer. 

    Have a nice day.

    Best Regards, 

    Lisa Chen 


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Wednesday, July 31, 2019 2:29 AM
    Moderator
  • Hi Feibien, 

    Since your issue is solved, please remember to mark your reply as an answer. 

    Thanks for your understanding.

    Best Regards, 

    Lisa Chen 


    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

    SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

    Monday, August 5, 2019 7:10 AM
    Moderator
  • Just for the record, I found the same issue in another farm. The main problem was the sharepoint config database which was corrupted. The solution, disconnect the servers and create a new farm with a new configuration database. After finishing the wizard and include the servers to the new farm the problem disappeared. No need to reinstall sharepoint server 2013 which I did previously.

    This happened because the user in charge of the administration, didn't install correctly the patches.

     
    • Marked as answer by Feibien Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:17 PM
    Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:17 PM