none
AMP RRS feed

• Question

• I have built an image (XPe). The computer
    type is Standard -PC. Everything works but one thing. I need to have the system
    automatically turn itself off when the shutdown is selected from the start
    tab.  Now I get the “it’s now safe to
    turn off power.”  The problem is this
    system does not support ACPI at all. In the image I built, I have included “NT
    APm/Legacy Interface node”, but I still am not getting the right results.  In the control panel –power options.  If I select the advanced tab, I do not get
    the Power button option at the bottom of that window.  Is there a way to get the system to shut down
    the way I want:?     Thank you for any help you can give.                                                                                                                      

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:36 PM

All replies

• Standard PC doesn't signal the power off switch to the supply. You have to have some right a driver that signals the power supply to turn off.

-Sean

www.sjjmicro.com / www.seanliming.com / www.annabooks.com, Book Author - Pro Guide to WES 7, XP Embedded Advanced, Pro Guide to POS for .NET

Thursday, February 16, 2012 3:50 PM
  • Did you try or does the PC support APIC?

...and why your opening a new thread?

Search for: registryvalue: PowerOffAfterShutdown
    I don't think it will help but it's may worth a try.

Windows Embedded Developer and Scripting Guy //Germany

Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:43 PM
  • does support APIC, thanks
    Thursday, February 16, 2012 4:51 PM
  • I recently created a image which behaved as described by you. However, at least the system now shuts down and the display turned off (BTW: system is not powered off, since it does not support ACPI).

I'm not sure, but I thought that this changed after I've enabled the "Enable Advanced power management ..." in the "APM" tab of the "Power Options" tab in control panel.

Regards,

Willi K.

Friday, February 17, 2012 5:02 PM
  • yes that would do it.  My problem is I do not have that tab in my power options properties screen
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:57 PM
  • Thanks for all the help.  I was able to fit the problem and now have it working.
    Friday, February 24, 2012 5:07 PM