none
SharePoint 2013 Workflows: Workflow Types Missing RRS feed

• Question

• I'm trying to select a workflow template, but only Disposition Approval and Three-State are showing up.  How can I get the rest of them to be visible?  Here is the message next to the options:

Select a workflow to add to this content type. If a workflow is missing from the list, your site administrator may have to publish or activate it

I want to start trying other templates, so help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Tuesday, June 24, 2014 9:02 PM

Answers

All replies

• 1)Go to site collection settings

2) click site collection features

3) activate the feature with respect to the workflow

If you are looking for SharePoint 2013 WF then you need to create a Workflow farm and integrate with the SharePoint farm to create a WF service application

Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:27 AM
  • Hi,

There are five pre-programmed workflow types in SharePoint 2013:

Approval

Collect Feedback

Collect Signatures

Three-State

Publishing Approval

By default, the Approval, Collect Feedback ,and Collect Signature workflows are not activated and are not listed in the Select a workflow template list box of the association form. To make them available for use, a site administrator must activate them at the site collection level.

For more information: http://office.microsoft.com/en-in/sharepoint-help/about-the-workflows-included-with-sharepoint-HA102771434.aspx

Regards,

Rebecca Tu
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Rebecca Tu Wednesday, July 2, 2014 9:24 AM
    Wednesday, June 25, 2014 9:36 AM
  • Your answer it utterly useless.  We already know a site administrator must activate them.  The question is how.  Your link is cluttered with a million things, when we only want the answer to one thing.
    Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:17 PM
  • I found the "Publishing Approval" Workflow in the "Site Settings > Site Collection Features" menu (part of "Site Collection Administration" - which is not in the "Waffle > Admin > SharePoint Admin" area, just FYI)...

I'm using SharePoint Online and I don't have the "Approval", "Collect Feedback", "Collect Signatures" workflows as options in the Site Collection Features area. Are these not available in SharePoint Online? Were they removed?

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Friday, August 19, 2016 5:54 PM
  • I experienced the same Issue, for some reason I was only able to see 2 predefined workflows:

"Disposition Approval" and "three-state"

On Site Collection Features I already had activated Workflows, what I did was to deactivate this feature and reactivate it again.

Now I am able to "see Approval - SharePoint 2010" among others on the list of available predefined workflows. 

I hope this help,

Thanks

Monday, January 13, 2020 2:10 AM