none
Creating a folder structure to duplicate RRS feed

• Question

• My team manages a number of similar projects that require some basic pages and documentation.  For example, a landing page, a project overview powerpoint, a list of oustanding items, and and FAQ page.

Instead of creating these individually, time and time-again, I would like to create a template folder with some pages and documents that can be duplicated, renamed and updated as needed.

Is there a way to do this in SharePoint or is there a better workflow I should be using?

Monday, August 19, 2019 1:25 PM

All replies

• Hi

There is no out of box function for folder structure. I suggest two options.

#1 You can just drag the folder to destination library, one time for every library.

#2 Create a new library and upload the contents. Go to library settings, select Save document library as template and check Include Content option.

Then create library with this template.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 1:25 AM
  • Hi NewToThis99s,

We cannot create the folder template by OOB method in SharePoint 2013.

There are workarounds.

1. Create list template. We can upload the basic pages and documents into the library and save the library as template. Then create the library from the library template in site contents.

2. Create site template. And you also could upload the basic pages and documents into different libraries in one site. And save the site as template and create the site from the site template.

More references:

How to Create Lists and List Templates in SharePoint 2013.

SharePoint 2013: How to save your site as a template.

Please Note: Since the web site is not hosted by Microsoft, the link may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this information.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 2:47 AM
  • Hi NewToThis99s, 

If the reply is helpful to you, you could mark the reply as answer. Thanks for your understanding.

Best regards,

Sara Fan

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:08 AM