none
SharePoint WFE installation "Host Central Administrator Web Application" which one need to select? RRS feed

• Question

• I'm doing installation for SharePoint 2013, I've one APP server, One DB Server, One AD Server and One Wfe Server.
    My APP server is installed and working fine. Now I've to install WFE server, in WFE server there is option in SharePoint Products Configuration Wizard - Advanced Settings -> Host Central Administrator Web Application where I need to select one option :-
    * Do not use this machine to host the web site 
    * Use this machine to host the web site.

Please advice which option I need to select for WFE server?
    Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• A typical three-tier farm includes front-end web servers, an application server that also hosts Central Administration, and a database server. The scope of this article is the front-end web server and application server roles.

In SharePoint 2013 Place the Central Admin on App Server.

I would say select do not use option on web front end server.

Below article for your reference:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/install/add-web-or-application-server-to-the-farm

Thanks & Regards,

sharath aluri

Tuesday, August 20, 2019 12:40 PM
  • Hi SP2013Devp, 

If Sharath's reply helps you, please remember to mark it as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Wednesday, August 21, 2019 1:36 AM
  • Hi SP2013Devp, 

Please remember to mark the helpful post as an answer.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Best Regards, 

Lisa Chen

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, August 23, 2019 8:50 AM