none
Charts in MS Access RRS feed

• Question

• I need to create three LINE charts in MS Access 2007. One for actual profit, one for programmed profit (the line has to move upward), and one for required profit (the profit the company has to meet for survive. Basically, it's just a horizontal line). Data will be pulled out from our database. Do you think it's doable? I think Access just allow to draw only one line chart at a time. Look like I have to draw three separate line charts. Is there any way to combine all three line charts in the same form, it would be great. Thank you in advance for your help.

Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:13 PM

Answers

• There is nothing special about it.

Just select the chart control in the Controls group of the Design tab of the ribbon when the form is open in design view, then click on the form or drag a rectangle.

Access will ask you to specify the data for the chart.

When you're done, just repeat the above steps.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    • Marked as answer by ttim Friday, January 13, 2012 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:39 PM

All replies

• You can place multiple chart controls on a form (or report), so it should be doable. Each chart control can have its own Row Source (a table, query or SQL statement).
    Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 5:17 PM
  • Thank you Hans for your response. Do you know where the sources (links) are that I can learn about design multiple charts on the same form? Thanks
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 6:34 PM
  • There is nothing special about it.

Just select the chart control in the Controls group of the Design tab of the ribbon when the form is open in design view, then click on the form or drag a rectangle.

Access will ask you to specify the data for the chart.

When you're done, just repeat the above steps.

Regards, Hans Vogelaar
    • Marked as answer by ttim Friday, January 13, 2012 4:57 PM
    Wednesday, January 11, 2012 7:39 PM