none
SSRS 2016 Print Dialog box to PDF : Hide Options? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have a few questions regarding the new method by SQL Reporting Services 2016 to utilise PDF rendering instead of the traditional method that everyone is accustomed to.  When a user views a report and clicks print, Can the first PDF dialog box be skipped? (Img1)

Also, can the print dialog box be kept in the front of all windows? The reason is that the report is being rendered via a web browser control on a full screened window where the operator is not authorised to go off this window.  They are allowed to print and the report correctly shows the report dialog I have attached but if the operator (or sometimes the app) gets focus, the main app comes to the front and the print dialog boxes are now 'hidden'.  There is no taskbar option as its not allowed so from the user's point of view nothing happened, the operator tries reprinting a second times not realising the dialog is hidden and the app service crashes.

The 3rd dialog is the only dialog that I would like to see as the report is already visible to the user, why have a preview again? 
    Its kind of silly having 3 dialog boxes now to print where as before it was simply 1 so using SSRS 2016 now requires this 3rd party rendering of the PDF. 

Thanks for any help on these issues.

(NOTE:  I cannot actually post images or links because I can't be verified) - so best use your imagination! :(

Wednesday, November 13, 2019 2:31 PM

All replies

• Hi ,

I try my best with my imagination, I guess you wanted to print report without the PDF render part, right?

If so , take a look to this thread and the two blogs it mentioned:

Printing from SSRS 2016 dirrectly to printer without PDF reader

Regards,

Lukas

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click Mark as Answer; the responses that resolved your issue, and to click Unmark as Answer if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Thursday, November 14, 2019 7:11 AM