MS Charts RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I am using MS charts in our application. Every thing works fine for me however few times the chart do not get render, instead it displays red X. If we right click and say download image then the chart is rendered. Even if we refresh the page continously, some time chart gets rendered some time it displays red X.

Since the image was stored in the session, we modified the “ChartImageHandler” setting in web.config to use file storage instead of session. The change we made is as follows:                <!-- <add key="ChartImageHandler" value="Storage=Session;Timeout=360;Url=~/TempImages/;"/> -->

<add key="ChartImageHandler" value="Storage=File;Timeout=30;Url=~/TempImages/;deleteAfterServicing=false"/> 

I have verified that this setting doesn’t cause any errors. However this does not resolve the error. 

Do anyone have any clue whats causing this issue? 

Thursday, April 15, 2010 6:07 AM

All replies

• Hi sagar,

I too got the same issue. First time it is not rendering properly for me and also on refresh.

I added this in my web config and it solved the problem

<add key="ChartImageHandler" value="storage=file;timeout=360;dir=C:\TempImageFiles\;"/>

please create a folder in C:/

Please reply if this did not solve your problem.

To consider : Chart1.ImageStorageMode = ImageStorageMode.UseImageLocation;

Thanks

Sravani Dodda

Friday, October 22, 2010 9:48 PM