Using Office Open XML to merge multiple Word 2007 documents RRS feed

• Question

• I've searched the web but didn't find anything that specifically fit the need.  I will have 2 or more Word 2007 documents stored somewhere (file system, SharePoint, wherever).  I know how to bind a Word document to an XML schema and create dynamic content thru code.  What I need to do now is take multiple Word documents and merge them into a single document.  For example, if I'm building some formal document that has multiple sections, I want to take each one in order and feed it  - thru .NET code - into a single document.  Office Open XML is such a powerful framework it would seem like it's possible using that.  Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.
    Friday, April 3, 2009 12:34 PM

Answers

• We are closing this thread as we didn't receive any resposne to the questions asked to proceed our work.

Thank you!

Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:39 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Innovate On Office Advisory Services.

The following is the details of your request:

Request

You have two or more Word 2007 documents stored somewhere (file system, SharePoint, wherever).  You know how to bind a Word document to an XML schema and create dynamic content thru code. 

You would like to take multiple Word documents and merge them into a single document.  

e.g. If you have some formal document that has multiple sections, you want to take each one in order and feed it  - thru .NET code - into a single document. 

Next Step

- What version of  Visual Studio you are would you be using for the development
    - What is the development tool you are using? Is it VSTO or is it Visual Studio

Note:

For alerts on this post, please refer to the following link

http://forums.microsoft.com/msdn/languages/en-US/docs/faq.aspx?SiteID=1#19

Thanks,

Harjit.

Monday, April 6, 2009 1:25 PM
  • We are closing this thread as we didn't receive any resposne to the questions asked to proceed our work.

Thank you!

Saturday, April 18, 2009 12:39 AM
  • Sorry for the lack of response.  Here are the answers:

- What version of  Visual Studio you are would you be using for the development
      VS2008

- What is the development tool you are using? Is it VSTO or is it Visual Studio 
      VSTO within VS2008 more than likely.  I'm open to whatever is the best way.
    Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:37 AM