none
The HTTP service located at SearchService.svc is too busy RRS feed

• Question

• Hello All,

I am getting the below error when trying to run SharePoint Backup via AVEPOINT.

Error: The HTTP service located at SearchService.svc is too busy

I have checked and my app pool is currently running. I have applied all updates up to the June 2012 CU updates. I have tried resetting IIS and it seems to be working fine.

The weird thing is if I run the below powershell command directed by AVEPOINT, it stops the application pool. Has anyone else seen this behavior or have any suggestions for it?

Powershell:

$proxies=get-spserviceapplicationproxy

$proxy=$proxies[8]

$proxy.GetSearchApplicationName()

I have stopped and SharePoint Server Search and Search Query and Site Settings Service  and problem still seems to be present.

I checked the application pool and the application pool seems to be running with no problem.

I checked the service running the application pool and it is the correct service account running the application pool.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:12 PM

Answers

• The issue was that our search service application was corrupt. I recreated a new search service application and then removed the one that was being troublesome.

Ran an AVEPOINT  FUll Backup with no problem then.

Bruce Jackson

• Marked as answer by Bruce4511 Friday, October 19, 2012 8:41 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 8:41 PM

All replies

• Hello All,

I am getting the below error when trying to run SharePoint Backup via AVEPOINT.

Error: The HTTP service located at SearchService.svc is too busy

I have checked and my app pool is currently running. I have applied all updates up to the June 2012 CU updates. I have tried resetting IIS and it seems to be working fine.

The weird thing is if I run the below powershell command directed by AVEPOINT, it stops the application pool. Has anyone else seen this behavior or have any suggestions for it?

Powershell:

$proxies=get-spserviceapplicationproxy

$proxy=$proxies[8]

$proxy.GetSearchApplicationName()

Monday, October 8, 2012 5:26 PM
  • Hi,

Which version of SharePoint are you using?

From your description, I suppose that you are using SharePoint 2010. If you are using SharePoint 2010, please post your thread on: http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/sharepoint2010general/threads

For your issue, firstly, try to stop and start SharePoint Server Search and Search Query and Site Settings Service  under Central Administration >System Settings >Manage Services on Server

Then Check for the app pool id of search service using the below powershell:

get-spserviceapplication
    $SSA = get-spserviceapplication -id <id from the above command>

$SSA.ApplicationPool | fl   

Get the App Pool id, checked in the app server hosting the search service application  and make sure that the app pool is started. If stop, start it.

Finally, Check the service account running search service application , make sure that the account isrunning the app pool.

Regards,

Xue-Mei Chang

TechNet Subscriber Support in forum

If you have any feedback on our support, please contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Xue-mei Chang

TechNet Community Support

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 9:11 AM
  • I have checked your above suggestions and came up with the following:

I have stopped and SharePoint Server Search and Search Query and Site Settings Service  and problem still seems to be present.

I checked the application pool and the application pool seems to be running with no problem.

I checked the service running the application pool and it is the correct service account running the application pool.

Tuesday, October 9, 2012 1:10 PM
  • The issue was that our search service application was corrupt. I recreated a new search service application and then removed the one that was being troublesome.

Ran an AVEPOINT  FUll Backup with no problem then.

Bruce Jackson

• Marked as answer by Bruce4511 Friday, October 19, 2012 8:41 PM
    Friday, October 19, 2012 8:41 PM
  • I have same issue but probably was connected with a problem with service account. I begun to see this event after that customer forced password change for any service account on AD.

FabioA

Thursday, April 27, 2017 10:51 AM