none
Which is preferred for my business rules, Likert-type Scale or Mult. Choice?

Question

• Hi all,

I need to create a customer survey that's is essentially is a Likert-type, but it requires branching. Which SP 2013 doesn't have for Rating Scales. The reason I require branching, because if someone hits disagree, I need the next question for be an text field explaining why the user disagrees with the question. What's the best way going? Going the rating scale or multiple choice? 

Thursday, May 23, 2019 1:30 PM

All replies

• Hi

Per my knowledge, you cannot do this in survey list. I suggest you use Office 365 Forms.

Justin Liu Office Apps & Services MVP, MCSE
    Senior Software Engineer
    Please Vote and Mark as Answer if it helps you.

Friday, May 24, 2019 5:33 AM
  • Hi Sean Maps ,

Survey list has a branching feature, you need to set all the questions in advance before you branching the problem.

Set up questions in advance:

Different options jump to a different next question:

More information:

http://guides.wmlcloud.com/technology/sharepoint-2013---branching-in-surveys.aspx

Or you can use the forms that Justin mentioned.

Use branching in Microsoft Forms:

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/use-branching-in-microsoft-forms-16634fda-eddb-44da-856d-6a8213f0d8bb

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Friday, May 24, 2019 7:48 AM
  • Right, I don't have access to Office 365 at my work. I'm guessing Javascript would be next best option? 
    Friday, May 24, 2019 3:50 PM
  • Correct, but branching doesn't work for the rating scale, if a user hits disagree. 
    Friday, May 24, 2019 3:51 PM
  • Hi Sean Maps ,

In this case, there is no OOB way to accomplish such a requirement, and custom code is your best choice.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, May 27, 2019 1:56 AM
  • Hi Sean Maps,

If you think the replies are helpful to you, please remember to mark them as answers. It will help others who meet the similar question in this forum.

Thank you for your understanding.

Best regards

Itch Sun

Thursday, May 30, 2019 8:22 AM