none
External content type based on OData is not crawlable RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

I followed instructions from this msdn article How to: Create an external content type from an OData source in SharePoint 2013. I've created an external content type based on OData. I imported created bdcm file to BCS store in central administration. So the ECT is scoped to the farm. I could create an External List and the data from OData service was displayed. But I couldn't get the ECT crawlable. When I try to add a new content source in Search Service Application and select Line of Business Data it isn't possible to select External Data Source. I tried to add IDEnumerator method and RootFinder property to the ECT in order to get it crawlable without any luck.

External Content Types based on MS SQL are crawlable fine.

Dmitry

Twitter Lightning Tools LogoLightning Tools Check out our SharePoint tools and web parts | Lightning Tools Blog | Мой Блог

Friday, December 21, 2012 8:00 PM

Answers

• Hi,

In order to use the ECT for search you have to manually edit it as it's not complete for use with search. The two most important ones to add are:

• ShowInSearchUI
    • RootFinder

I experienced the same issue when creating an OData BCS model for my session at the SPC2012 conference and I think those were the two properties I was missing (in addition to cleaning up some other stuff).

Take a look at MSDN for more information on BDC model properties, and take a look at Search Connector Framework Troubleshooting for SP2010 which shows some samples.

Let me know if you need more help and I can provide a copy of my OData model (which is against an SP2010 site)

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT/MCPD - If you find an answer useful, please up-vote it.
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:24 PM

All replies

• Hi,

In order to use the ECT for search you have to manually edit it as it's not complete for use with search. The two most important ones to add are:

• ShowInSearchUI
    • RootFinder

I experienced the same issue when creating an OData BCS model for my session at the SPC2012 conference and I think those were the two properties I was missing (in addition to cleaning up some other stuff).

Take a look at MSDN for more information on BDC model properties, and take a look at Search Connector Framework Troubleshooting for SP2010 which shows some samples.

Let me know if you need more help and I can provide a copy of my OData model (which is against an SP2010 site)

Thanks,
    Mikael Svenson

Search Enthusiast - SharePoint MVP/MCT/MCPD - If you find an answer useful, please up-vote it.
    http://techmikael.blogspot.com/
    Author of Working with FAST Search Server 2010 for SharePoint

Wednesday, December 26, 2012 8:24 PM
  • Hi,

I have same issue. Could you provide me an example?

Thanks

Monday, April 7, 2014 10:52 AM