People Picker no longer working after October 2016 CU update RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'll try to provide as many details as I can but basically I installed October 2016 CU so we are now at build 15.0.4867.1002.  After the update our people  picker field just spins and does not resolve names.  Using a farm master account it works fine but standard users just spins unless we give them full rights to an entire site.  Below is my setup and log information:

SharePoint 2013 - 1 Front-end  1 Back-end SQL  1 WebApp

Server 2012 R2

Request does not have SPBasePermissions.UseRemoteAPIs permission. Need to check it when each API is accessed

The request does not have required permission to access SP.UI.ApplicationPages.ClientPeoplePickerWebServiceInterface.ClientPeoplePickerSearchUser

I can provide more of the log info.  The installation of October 2016 CU also broke the MySite Edit Profile page because apparently some accounts were removed from SQL according to this MS article:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3118368/october-11-2016-update-for-sharepoint-foundation-2013-kb3118368

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I will try to install a later CU on our dev server in the meantime. 

Thank You,

Nelson

Friday, July 7, 2017 8:26 PM

All replies

• Hi,

After you installed the later CU, was the issue fixed?

According to the error message, it seems that the user does not have the required permissions to do so.

Please make sure that users have the following permission:

1. Browse User Information.

2. Use remote Interfaces.

3. Use Client Integration Features.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Tuesday, July 11, 2017 12:40 PM
  • Hi,

Has the issue been fixed?

If my reply is helpful to you , you can mark as answer.

Thanks,

Dean Wang

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help.
    If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com

Monday, July 17, 2017 1:20 PM