none
Unhide style library or the subsites RRS feed

• Question

• Hi;

I have a SP 2010 site collection with subsites and I would like to mofify the rights on the Style library for the subites but this library is hide for the subsites ?

How unhide Style library to change the rights for the subsites ? I have tried with SP Designer but I cannot to change the rights ?

regards

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:23 AM

Answers

• You can't do this. One alternate solution is, create copy of your CSS and master page and apply to subsite.

I still don't understand why you want to restrict permission at subsite level? Since this style library library is only visible to authorize users so you may also create a separate site group and put all users in that group whom you want to give access to CSS. Later add that group to style library permission.

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

• Marked as answer by soussou97 Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:02 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Stop/Break permission inheritance on style library in Site collection and Remove subsite related groups permissions.

Thanks.... ________________ Baba (MCTS, MCPD)

• Proposed as answer by Mukesh Swamy Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:38 AM
    Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:33 AM
  • I cannot because the site collection is in production ?

You have another light solution  !

Regards

Tuesday, February 17, 2015 10:44 AM
  • Hi,

There is only one Style library at Site collection level and not for sub sites.

Could you please tell us your requirement to understand your problem?

Hemendra:Yesterday is just a memory,Tomorrow we may never see<br/> Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help

Friday, February 20, 2015 9:09 AM
  • Hi;

Ok les subsites use the same master page and CSS (Style Lib) that the site collection then how I can change the rights for the CSS at level of the subsites ?

Regards

Friday, February 20, 2015 9:48 AM
  • You can't do this. One alternate solution is, create copy of your CSS and master page and apply to subsite.

I still don't understand why you want to restrict permission at subsite level? Since this style library library is only visible to authorize users so you may also create a separate site group and put all users in that group whom you want to give access to CSS. Later add that group to style library permission.

• Marked as answer by soussou97 Thursday, February 26, 2015 8:13 AM
    Tuesday, February 24, 2015 8:02 AM